Van Preston is a Singer/Songwriter/Musician Signed to Rock Solid Talent Entertainment and is a member of BMI (Broadcast Music, Inc.)
Van Preston's music encompasses many genres, and tells the stories of many people. Van grew up in a small town in Arkansas, and started writing songs at the age of nine. Named by her mother after a Southern Pentecostal Evangelist from the 1960's, (Asa Alonzo Allen), Van's music has a broad appeal. Despite being unsigned and unrepresented in the US, she has earned many accomplishments.
*Eight songs 'placed' or recorded by other acts during 2010 (3) and 2011 (5). The five songs during 2011 were:
1. Steal Me Away' (a Rock song recorded by Rock Artist Luke Dickens, 2008 Australian Idol 1st Runner Up, and 2011 Toyota Starmaker Winner)
2. Album cut “Without You”, a country song, on the Big Machine Records Act “Steel Magnolia” Debut album, co-written with Joshua Scott Jones and Meghan Linsey, briefly released to US Mainstream Country radio Summer 2011.
3. 'Steal Me Away' placed in National Geographic Adventure series show.
4. 'The Forbidden Hope Diamond' (a Jazz song recorded by Minnie Murphy for Matrix 99 Records)
5. "My Heart Craves Him', (a Pop song recorded by Veda Radonovich, and produced by Sheryl Crow's producer)
In 2010, Van had two Rock songs cut by German Heavy Metal Rock Band, Mad Max and one Country song recorded by Norwegian Country band, 'Jacked Up' .
*Is involved with a TV Pilot being pitched to National TV networks Winter 2012.
*In 2012, Van will have multiple songs featured on a new product available worldwide.
*Has had six top-20 country songs in Europe (Hotdisc Charts) and three Top 40 songs on secondary U.S. Country radio stations (New Music Weekly Charts).
*Debut album was nominated 2007 Country Album of the Year in Europe by the European CMA.
*Song "Bought Myself A Toy" is represented in Europe on Universal Records-France.
*Songs "HeartBroke For The Last Time' and 'What Goes Around Comes Around' represented by Mr. Music Records, Gothenberg Sweden and have been distributed across Scandinavia.
*Songs that have been used commercially , including by a US Fortune 500 company (Pure Romance), as well as several independent artist cuts.
*Van has placed in several Songwriting Competitions, including twice in the John Lennon Songwriting competition and twice in the NSAI Song Contest, as well as once int the UK Songwriting Contest.
*Featured / Reviewed in “Country Weekly”, “Maverick”, “Performing Songwriter” as well as a 2009 Video appearance on CMT
*Has opened for many Top Artists including James Taylor, Brad Paisley, Kenny Chesney, Tim McGraw, LeAnn Rimes, Alan Jackson, and Martina McBride.
*Has headlined EuroDisney-Paris, Numerous European festivals, toured Australia twice, and has played legendary clubs including the now-defunct CBGB’s in NYC.
In March 2020 after a short hiatus Van returned back to what she loves and signed to the British record label Rock Solid Talent Entertainment.
Record label- Rock Solid Talent Entertainment
Manager- Phil Taylor
PRO.- BMI (Broadcast Music, Inc.)